McMillan Heritage Plastering Pty Ltd provides your complete range of traditional and modern plastering services.
Whilst we specialise in heritage projects we also have extensive experience working with all facets of modern plastering in both private and commercial settings.
- Traditional lime plastering utilising putty lime with horsehair
- Cornice and ornamental plastering restoration using the ‘in-situ’ method to achieve the perfect match
- Traditional sand and cement solid plastering for exterior finishes
- Straightening and finishing utilising gypsum based materials
- Modern acrylic based rendering
- Coloured Pigmentation work in Lime Mortars
- Rising damp treatments
We take great pride in providing our clients with honest and caring advice.
We are passionate about our trade and deliver exceptional craftsmanship with the utmost care and professionalism.
Testimonials“Scott McMillan’s work was always to an extremely high standard, befitting a craftsman of his skill, training and integrity. Indeed his commitment to maintaining traditional methods and applying those to restoration work is exemplary. It is heartening to know that craftsmen such as Mr McMillan – although very rare – still exist. We recommend him most highly.”
– Allen Hunter and Carmel Dyer, Owners of Toonarbin, Brisbane
“Scott McMillan provided a very professional and high quality job. We really appreciated his expertise and willingness to help and advise us. He was always prompt and efficient.”
– Maria Field, Auchenflower Brisbane
“Scott’s workmanship is excellent, his considerable training and experience in traditional plastering is demonstrated to be of a high standard. I am aware of several heritage projects in Queensland where Scott’s high level skills are exemplified. I often recommend Scott to my clients for specialist plastering work. Scott is aware of the Burra Charter processes and protocols.”
– Jacqueline Pearce, Heritage Architect
“Scott McMillan was a pleasure to deal with. He came out to quote on our job and spent a good deal of time assessing what was required and discussing this with us. He was flexible with timeframes and was very prompt to organise appointments based around our busy schedules.
Scott’s craftsmanship was first rate in repairing our older fibrous plaster hallway ceiling with intricate decorative cornices.
I wouldn’t hesitate hiring Scott again for further works or in recommending him to other potential clients.”
– Michael Vidot, Hendra