Old Bishopsbourne

The heritage-listed Old Bishopsbourne was originally constructed in 1868 as the purpose-built residence of the first Anglican Bishop of Brisbane. Today this gable-roofed stone building is carefully maintained as part of the St Francis’ Theological College.

In 2016, the master craftsmen at McMillan Heritage Plastering carried out traditional lath and plaster repair works to the original verandah ceilings at Old Bishopsbourne. These lime mortar repairs were carried out using the time-honoured ‘three coat method’ along with traditional materials in order to restore the ceilings and maintain their historic integrity.