Stanley Hall, St. Rita’s College – Clayfield
Stanley Hall is a heritage-listed site and was a stately private residence from its construction in 1885 to 1926. During this time, the hall was home to several affluent and influential owners who each made grand enhancements to the property. Since 1926, the hall has served as a central building of the St. Rita’s Private Girls College. The 2013 refurbishment of Stanley Hall involved the restoration of the original lath and plaster ceilings and walls using traditional sand and lime mortar with horse-hair. Numerous interior and exterior ornamental mouldings were also conserved using time-honoured methods and techniques.